Forests, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation: Higher Education Cooperation in Mekong Region (FRAME)
Erasmus+ Key Action 2: Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education
Project Reference: 618803-EPP-1-2020-1-FI-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Project Webpage: https://frame.v2.czu.cz/en
Project Period: 15/11/2020 – 14/11/2023
Total Budget: 998 053,00 €
- Program countries
- University of Helsinki, Finland– Coordinating Institution
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Czechia
- Partner countries
- Savannakhet University, Laos
- Souphanouvong University, Laos
- Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Kasetsart University, Thailand
The general aim of this project is to strengthen the forest-related higher education system in Laos and Thailand by modernizing, improving accessibility and internationalisation of partner HEIs curriculum by supporting the development of new learning and teaching tools (including MOOCs and open source ICT tools), specifically in relation to sustainable forest management and forest restoration & rural livelihoods. Thus, domestic capacity to sustainably manage forests will be improved, for the benefit of the local people and the environment, while at the same time enabling Laos and Thailand to effectively respond to the demands and opportunities of international processes (e.g. Sustainable Development Goals, Paris Agreement on Climate Change, Bonn challenge).
- Introduce innovative new teaching and learning tool (including MOOCs and open source ICT tools) to improve the skills and capacities of partner HEIs teaching staff for improves educational outcomes
- Support two Lao HEIs to develop and improve their MSc forestry programs as follow
– Curricular review & upgrade of existing MSc forestry program at SKU
– Curricular development & support for accreditation of a new MSc forestry program at SU
- Support two Thai HEIs to develop and improve their existing forestry programs as follows:
– Upgrade existing MSc sustainable forest management curriculum at KU
– Upgrade existing MSc forest restoration courses at CMU
- Upgrade facilities necessary for the implementation of innovative practices based on individual Need Assessment Reports by each Partner HEI.
- Improve the employability of graduates by matching the curriculum with national and regional needs, promoting internships and work experience opportunities with relevant employers.
- Support North-South-South cooperation & exchange to improve the quality and availability of teaching & training capacity in EU, Laos and Thailand
- Improve the capacity of Partner HEIs to access national and international funding for research and academic cooperation.